10 Tips to Improve Your Website
Keep readers coming back to your website, whether you’re a newbie blogger or a pro, by following these ten easy tips:
- Keep the site informative and regularly updated.
- Make sure the site is readable: don’t use small fonts or “difficult” colours.
- Do not underline text unless it’s a link.
- Keep different fonts to a minimum or you risk making your site appear disjointed.
- Make sure it’s easy to quickly scan the main text on each page.
- Highlight key information and ease reading by using bullets, numbered lists, etc
- Make sure your site offers interaction in the form of either comments or e-mail subscriptions.
- Ensure images display as quickly as possible.
- Keep unnecessary icons, buttons, etc, to a minimum
- Improve readability by keeping paragraphs short and sweet and to the point.
Technorati Tags: blogging
November 20, 2006 Monday at 4:51 pm