5 Ways To Hang A Better Picture
If you want to get the most out of your favorite pictures, you have to display them well.Â So the next time you are hanging up a new set of pictures, consider these things:
- If you are choosing photos, look for bold images. Small figures of people or objects do not come out as well when placed on a wall, and looked at from a distance.
- Group photos according to style. Put all the black and white photos together for example. Doing this gives the viewer a much less confusing experience and they will appreciate you work better.
- Experiment with other surfaces besides walls and tabletops. A few well placed pictures on a folding screen, or plain looking cupboard may make all the difference.
- Pictures look best when hung at eye level â€“ It gives the viewer a very natural way of looking at your work.
- Proper spacing is vital â€“ Allow at least 6 to 8 inches of space when you are hanging large portraits next to furniture.
August 20, 2006 Sunday at 8:12 am