Delicious Prawn Pasta in Less than 20 minutes
Instead of eating out or getting take out, why not rustle up this simple but delicious pasta dish. In less than 15 minutes, you will have a tasty dinner for two to keep out the cold on these cold winter nights.
- wholewheat pasta (spaghetti or tagliatelle are fine)
- some white wine (or cooking wine)
- an onion
- olive oil
- a red chilli
- salt & pepper to taste
- some good parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Boil the water for the pasta.
- While the water is heating up chop and fry the onion in olive oil. Don’t burn the onion: you want it golden and tender.
- Add the chilli and continue to fry. Add a splash or two of white wine. The idea is that you need just enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan (skillet). As it evaporates, add a little bit more.
- When the onion and chilli are cooked through and the wine has reduced into a gooey onion/chilli sauce remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is al-dente, pour away the water.
- Now mix the pasta and onion and chilli together. Add the prawns and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with a generous amount of fresh parmesan. Not the cheap stuff, but a really good quality cheese.
- Serve with a green side salad.
Photo courtesy Oloap
Technorati Tags: past
November 23, 2006 Thursday at 1:33 am