Instead of eating out or getting take out, why not rustle up this simple but delicious pasta dish. In less than 15 minutes, you will have a tasty dinner for two to keep out the cold on these cold winter nights.
- wholewheat pasta (spaghetti or tagliatelle are fine)
- some white wine (or cooking wine)
- an onion
- olive oil
- a red chilli
- salt & pepper to taste
- some good parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Boil the water for the pasta.
- While the water is heating up chop and fry the onion in olive oil. Don’t burn the onion: you want it golden and tender.
- Add the chilli and continue to fry. Add a splash or two of white wine. The idea is that you need just enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan (skillet). As it evaporates, add a little bit more.
- When the onion and chilli are cooked through and the wine has reduced into a gooey onion/chilli sauce remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is al-dente, pour away the water.
- Now mix the pasta and onion and chilli together. Add the prawns and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with a generous amount of fresh parmesan. Not the cheap stuff, but a really good quality cheese.
- Serve with a green side salad.
Photo courtesy Oloap
Technorati Tags: past