Google Launches Apps Premier Edition
- 10 GBs of storage per user – Offers about 100 times the storage of the average corporate mailbox, eliminating the need to frequently delete email
- APIs for business integration – APIs for data migration, user provisioning, single sign-on, and mail gateways enable businesses to further customize the service for unique environments.
99.9 % uptime – Service Level Agreements for high availability of Gmail, with Google monitoring and crediting customers if service levels are not met.
- 24×7 support for critical issues – Includes extended business hours telephone support for administrators.
- Advertising optional – Advertising is turned off by default, but businesses can choose to include Google’s relevant target-based ads if desired.
- $50 per user account per year – Simple and affordable annual fee makes it practical to offer these applications to everyone in the organization.
Plus, aside from these features, Google will now include (aside from Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Talk and Start Page) the following in all versions of Google Apps.
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets
- Gmail for mobile devices on BlackBerry
- Application-level control
February 23, 2007 Friday at 7:16 am