It’s a must-know skill for most of us. You have all these ideas and plans on how to decorate your home, but how can you hang your self-made photo frame if you don’t have a lovely hook on that perfect spot in your living room? You don’t need Mr. Handyman to do the work because all you need to do is to know how to do it yourself.
- Before starting, wear safety goggles because safety comes first and it is, after all your very first time.
- To start, set the reverse-forward switch to forward and spin the chuck in a counterclockwise direction so you can open it.
- Next, insert a twist bit and spin the chuck in a clockwise direction so you can close it tightly.
- Make sure the bit is secure.
- Mark with a pencil the hole where you want it.
- You can lay newspaper on the floor so the sawdust won’t be all over the carpet.
- Hold the drill the way you would hold a gun, with the finger on the trigger and the drill bit perpendicular to the wall almost touching the future hole.
- Press your free hand on the back of the drill so you can drill straight. When you’re sure that the drill is set on the pencil mark, squeeze trigger before touching the mark to make sure you drill perfectly on your set mark.
- Gently lean on the wall to apply steady pressure.
- Keep drilling at a straight direction, preventing any angling.
- When you drilled deep enough, switch to reverse mode so you can pull out the drill bit.
Now, was that hard?