How to Get One Last Light from an Empty Lighter
It’s a weekend and with nothing much to do, I’m just checking out random sites and found this one. It’s a nifty trick that you can do out of boredom or out of sheer desperation. Here’s how you can get one last light from an empty lighter.
What you need
- An empty lighter (the disposable one with the flint wheel igniter)
- A square of tissue or toilet paper
What to do
- Turn the flint wheel so that it scrapes against the metal but don’t make it spark. This would scrape of tiny bits of flint dust.
- Shake off the flint dust on to the TP. Now this would take you a little while but keep on scraping off dust until you get a reasonable pinch of dust on the TP.
- Pinch the flint dust so that it piles up nicely in the middle of the square. Now fold and roll the TP as if you’re making a little match with the pinch of flint inside the tip of the rolled up TP.
- Hold the TP “match” to the lighter. Ignite it by striking the lighter, making it spark. The flint inside the tissue would produce a nice little flame.
Here’s the source and video from TrickLife.
May 26, 2007 Saturday at 8:58 pm