How to Make Classy Homemade Party Favors
When you’re having a different kind of party – a classy one, (where you expect your guests to be wearing hues of pink and blue and you can’t get enough of ribbons – that kind of party), you will need treats that are wrapped in a most elegant manner. Host a garden party that’s positively elegant by making these party favors. Here’s how you can make one with plain old household materials.
What you need:
- Paper towel tube (one tube makes one end product)
- Pink tissue paper
- Patterned papers of two different colors (yes, pink and something else!)
- Silk flowers, fake seed pearls, pearl strands, and pink ribbons
- Brown scrappers floss
- Paper edgers
- Double-sided adhesive
- Treats: chocolates, mini-cookies or brownies, etc to be wrapped inside
What to do:
- Make two 6 ½ inch x 9 ½ inch tissue paper rectangles.
- Fill your paper towel tubes with your desired treats.
- Stack pink tissue papers and place the tube in the center.
- Secure tissue to tube with the double-sided adhesive.
- Tie floss around each tube to create a nice bow.
- With a paper edger, cut 4 3/8 inch x 6 ½ inch patterned paper into rectangles.
- Glue one end to tube, wrap tightly then secure the other end.
- Decorate each wrapped tube with your pearl embellishments and ribbons.
August 8, 2007 Wednesday at 12:23 am