Here are some money saving tips when going to the grocery:
- Shop alone. Kids could lead you astray from your prepared budget.
- Shop when full. The hungrier you are, the more food items you will tend to put in your cart.
- Familiarize yourself with your grocery store’s layout. Look on the higher and lower shelves. The expensive items are found at eye level.
- Do not let those big-size packages fool you. Compute the price per unit before putting a 30-roll tissue pack.
- Stay away from the prepared food section. Those enticing smells will just lure you away from your grocery list. Stick to the plan.
- Try out those store brands and generic products. The reason why branded products are more expensive is that you are paying for the name as well as the merchandise.
- Buy meat in bulk and freeze. Be sure to separate them in individual portions first.
- Instead of buying prepared meatballs, or sausages, or burger patties. Why not learn to make from scratch? Separate by batch portions and freeze. Not only is it healthier but it saves you time as well.