More on Water for Your Health
The last time I featured our favorite drink (not beer, water!) here on LifeSpy, I wrote about The Good and Bad of Water Therapy. In hindsight, I think I wrote too little of the good and how to make it good. So here’s the good of water, revisited.
- It has 0 calories for you calorie-conscious!
- Depending on your climate or physical work you might need more than the proverbial 8 glasses of water.
- Water prevents the development of kidney stones.
- It also prevents dehydration and guards against, headaches, fatigue, and lack of mental awareness.
- Older people (around 65) should make it a habit to drink enough water. At that age, the sense of thirst may not be as strong leading to dehydration.
- Mineral water has some good minerals in them. But if you’re on a low-salt diet, better check if your mineral water contains it. Some of them do.
- Try to create a hydration schedule. Just distribute your eight (or more glasses) along the day.
March 25, 2007 Sunday at 5:31 pm