I know the feeling of just being stuck in your desk for a good part of the office day rushing some important reports or business plan. If stress has crept up on you, then you better relax a bit. But you’ve got not much time, right? How about thirty seconds?
Here’s one good stretching exercise I got from a stress management workshop I underwent some time back. Stretching is supposed to keep circulation going. The more oxygen the body gets, the less stressed you’d feel.
- Head for the nearest doorway
- Place you forearms against the door frame
- Slide your right foot forward.
- Now lean your upper body forward slowly. You should feel the stretch in your upper body
- Slide your foot forward a little more (like you’re doing lunges). That’d stretch your lower body.
- Now twist your torso to one side. Hold for three seconds. Now twist to the other side.
- Alternate your stance with your left foot and repeat the process.
February 27, 2007 Tuesday at 2:01 am