Here’s another screencast for you guys. This is actually a visual tweak whether you like having that drop shadow effect on your Windows Vista desktop icons or not. Anyway, here’s how to remove it just in case you don’t like it.
Instructions can be read after the cut.
- Press the Windows Key to bring up the Start Menu.
- In the Start Search line, type in “sysdm.cpl” and hit Enter. Type in sysdm.cpl then hit enter. User account control would often ask confirmation so just click continue. This would launch the System properties window.
- Click the Advance tab and click the Performance Settings button.
- In the new Window, select Custom, scroll down the section and uncheck the “Use drop shadows for icon labels” option.
- Click OK twice to close the windows.