DIY: Bubble Mix
One of the most overpriced stuff you can buy in a toy store would be the bubble mix. Usually, they’re packaged with bubble blowers. In case you bought some for your kids, don’t throw it away once you run out of the mix. Just make your own. Here’s how.
What you need:
- 3 parts dishwashing liquid
- 7 parts water
- 1 part glycerol (sugar also works)
What to do:
- Mix all the ingredients into a container.
- If you’re wondering about glycerol, it thickens the solution and makes the bubbles last longer.
- For larger bubbles, you don’t need a bubble wand, you can fashion one from an old wire clothes hanger.
June 23, 2011 Thursday at 11:36 pm