DIY: Laundry Pre-Treatment Mix
It’s nice to play MacGyver in your home once in a while. Here’s a recipe for laundry pre-treatment that you can make on your own at the comfort of your home at the fraction of the cost you might pay for actual commercial pre-treatment products.
Note: Concoct and use at your own risk. A lot of people swear by this since pre-treatment contains pretty much the same chemicals but a friendly reminder to try it out on a few older clothes first before applying to your whole laundry.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup laundry detergent (Wisk)
- 1/2 cup ammonia (plain or bubbly doesn’t matter)
- 1/2 cup water
- Spray bottle
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients in a basin
- Place some in a spray bottle
- Spray on grease stains, food stains, or pit and neck stains
- Wash as usual
May 20, 2011 Friday at 5:56 pm