DIY: Roach Dough Bait
Cockroaches are supposed to be tough enough to weather a nuclear apocalypse. And they sure are hard to get rid off once they infest your home. Spraying insecticide on a daily basis can kill these turds but that can also have an adverse effect on your health. Here’s a recipe for a roach dough – an all-natural roach bait.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening or bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 ounces baking soda
What to do:
- Mix the sugar and shortening to create a base goo
- Mix the onion, flour, and baking soda
- Combine everything and add just enough water to create a dough
- Shape into small balls and place in a small plastic bag (kept open)
- Place the bags in the infested areas (usually under the sink or near the trash bins)
What this does is to make roaches gassy once they feast on the dough. Since roaches can’t belch, their digestive tracts will explode, killing them. Talk about fart bombs. Hehe.
May 20, 2011 Friday at 6:15 pm