Lifestyle Blog!

RSS 2.0

How to Deal with Snake Bites

Snake bites affects thousands of people all year-round. While there are only a very few fatalities relating to snake bites, some snake bites victims suffer from severe complications like infection, crippling injuries and anaphylaxis. Damage can be managed to a minimum if speedy medical attention is given to the victim. Here are some other things to remember when dealing with snake bites.

Fortunately, most snake bites are not poisonous. However, do not assume that a snake bite is not poisonous if you haven’t examined the victime thoroughly. Watch out for the signs and symptoms of a poisonous snake bit which include the following:

  • Puncture wounds that resemble fang marks
  • Sharp pain, bruising and/or swelling around the bitten area
  • Fuzzy and unclear vision
  • Nausea and/or vomitting
  • Diarrhea
  • Garbled speech
  • Difficulty in swallowing and breathing
  • Seizures
  • Beginning signs of paralysis

Seek medical assistance immediately. While waiting for them to arrive, keep the victim composed and peaceful. Let the victim lie down or sit still and as much as possible do not let him move. Clean the wound under warm running water and put on sterile dressing. Splint the bitten area if possible.

Take note of the physical appearance of the snake including, size, color, and skin pattern. This will be very useful since doctors and other medical personnel will be able to identify the the exact specie of the attacker and determine the best treatment for the victim.

Even with non-poisonous snakebites, it is critical to seek medical attention. The snakes may transmit bacteria and other pathogens with their bite.


Cheap meds online on this store