Crafts can be fun for small kids and one of the classic activities you can do with them is creating papier-mache. It’s a versatile crafts material. You can make a piñata or owls or dinosaurs. One of the key materials (aside from old newspaper) is the paste. Here’s how to make non-toxic and perfectly safe papier-mache paste.
What you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Mixing stick
- Plastic bowl
What to do:
- Pour equal parts of flour and water into the plastic bowl.
- A mix of 2 cups each would be enough for a small project.
- Mix using the mixing stick until you get a smooth consistency.
- Try to get rid of lumps as much as you can.
- Add more flour for a thicker consistency.
- Adding salt is for mold prevention just in case you need to store it or on the material you’re using it on.